businesstreffpunkt ist die Werbeplattform, auf der Freiberufler, KMU, Künstler und Existenzgründer preiswert werben können.

Lastwagen 01ü 184x100Berolina Wings 04 184x100

White Fanposts Fanshots Sections Chicago Cubs

in Wissenwertes 28.05.2019 04:40
von zhangzk • 117 Beiträge

The expanded channel has player highlights Walker Buehler Jersey , game breakdowns and celebrations of all your favorite Cubs."recapsChicago Cubs minor leaguesChicago Cubs essaysChicago Cubs game threadsWrigley Field renovationsFull archiveLibrary Bleed Cubbie Blue Community GuidelinesCurrent time in ChicagoBCB Specials & Site InfoWinter 2019 music threadsCubs StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Cubs newsYahoo Cubs team pageYahoo Cubs reportYahoo Cubs depth chartYahoo Cubs transactionsYahoo Cubs photosOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旵hicago Cubs newsChicago Cubs broadcasts/telecastsCubs TV is now on YouTube New,26commentsThe expanded channel has player highlights, game breakdowns and celebrations of all your favorite Cubs.CDTShareTweetShareShareCubs TV is now on YouTube The Cubs announced their plan for their own TV network earlier this year and one of the questions I frequently hear about the new network is what the Cubs will air beyond baseball games. We might have gotten a bit of that answer today with the Cubs’ expanded YouTube channel, and it’s incredible.The Cubs relaunched their channel Monday morning with 10 new content series and 17 videos. The videos vary in length from 90-second shorts that include instructions for Cubs-inspired craft projects to 40-minute long documentaries on great moments in Cubs history, like Kerry Wood’s 20 strikeout game, and everything in between. They’ll be dropping new content every Thursday.I spent some time previewing the channel and I’ll share a few of my favorite video links below so you can begin exploring. It was really hard to limit myself to just a few videos.Insider looks for the serious baseball fanIf you’re familiar with my series called Sara’s Snapshots, you’ll immediately understand why I gravitated to a series called “The Breakdown” where you can see Cubs players talk through key moments in games.Check out this 10-minute look at David Bote’s Ultimate Grand Slam:Player profilesPedro Strop is probably the most interesting man in the universe. Admit it, you always wanted to know how Pedro Strop spends the offseason. Me too. Your wait is over:A whole lot of BryzzoI was laughing out loud watching everyone’s newest favorite game show “Bae vs. Ballplayer”where Anthony Rizzo and Jessica Bryant compete to see who knows Kris Bryant better for the grand prize of is a Kris Bryant fleece throw. Just watch, you’ll laugh too:HighlightsThe Cubs have a lot of highlight reel material, everything from magical slides, to Albert Almora Jr. and his defensive wizardry, to videos like the one below that highlights the top 10 greatest comebacks of the Joe Maddon era. I imagine there will be a lot more videos like these:Javy and puppiesI’m not really sure what to call this category, but there is a three and a half minute long video where Javy answers a kiddo’s questions while he plays with puppies. It is perfect and exactly what I needed today:You really should check out the entire channel. It’s awesome.However http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , the brilliance of this channel goes far beyond Javy playing with puppies (although seriously, that made my Monday so much better. I imagine it made your Monday better too). The Cubs have clearly set this channel up to celebrate their players’ personalities and some of the behind the scenes highlights of Cubs’ baseball. It is exactly what baseball needs.It feels like every few months there is a serious baseball think piece about the lack of superstars in the game and MLB is on a seemingly endless quest to save seconds in the hopes of solving “pace of play” concerns. I’ve always found this aggravating because shorter intentional walks and a pitch clock never struck me as the keys to helping new fans fall in love with baseball. Javy B谩ez, his magical slides and puppies, on the other hand, just might.I’m already looking forward to Thursday to see what videos the Cubs come up with next. The Houston Astros traded for ace relief pitcher Roberto Osuna when he was in the middle of a 75-game suspension related to a domestic assault charge. There was bound to come a moment when that decision looked as bad on the field as it did in the department of basic decency.This moment arrived Tuesday, October 16. Specifically, in the eighth inning of Houston's 8-2 loss to the Boston Red Sox in Game 3 of the American League Championship Series.It was a one-run game when Osuna entered in the top of the eighth at Minute Maid Park. He initially looked like the same pitcher who was an All-Star with the Toronto Blue Jays and put up a 1.99 ERA in 23 regular-season appearances with the Astros. Two of the first three batters he faced made outs.But then Osuna hit Brock Holt with a pitch to load the bases. Then he hit Mitch Moreland. Like that, Houston's deficit was doubled.After that came Jackie Bradley Jr. with the gamebreaker off Osuna: a grand slam into the right field seats that pushed the Red Sox's lead to six runs and, ultimately, clinched a 2-1 series lead.Boston Red Sox RedSoxThe Grand Slam Train continues in the #postseason! 馃殏#DoDamage nwSAOJ8PErAll told, Osuna was charged with five runs on three hits in two-thirds of an inning. It is the worst performance of his four-year major league career.In the words of Astros manager A.J. Hinch, per MLB.com's Mark Feinsand: "It's a 3-2 ballgame until all hell broke loose there."It's tempting to view Osuna's collapse as karma for what got him suspended by Major League Baseball in the first place. But that's equal parts tricky and foolish.The details of what led to his May arrest and subsequent suspension have been kept under wraps, and revelations aren't coming any time soon. The charge against the 23-year-old was dropped when he agreed to a peace bond. The accuser oman who has a young child with him declined to travel from Mexico to Toronto to testify.Whatever Osuna may have done to deserve his punishment http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , karma isn't going for him when he's on the mound anyway. Scales such as these can't be balanced by a couple of bad pitches in a silly game for kids.For the Astros, on the other hand, what happened in the eighth inning Tuesday is absolutely karmic retribution.Bob Levey/Getty ImagesThough the Astros didn't break any rules when they traded for Osuna ahead of the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, the very act of doing so made them guilty of extreme cynicism.The Astros didn't look at Osuna and see a toxic asset. They looked and saw a marked-down item. All they needed to give up to get him was a few spare parts (fallen closer Ken Giles and fellow right-handers David Paulino and Hector Perez) and perhaps a little dignity.The Astros may have underestimated how much dignity the deal would cost them, however.The backlash was immediate and fierce. General manager Jeff Luhnow didn't help matters by insulting everyone's intelligence in a statement meant to reassure everyone that Osuna would "fully comply with our zero tolerance policy related to abuse of any kind." When you claim zero tolerance for abusers while bringing in a guy accused of abuse, then you don't actually have a zero tolerance policy.As far as the Astros were clearly concerned, however, what mattered was the long game. Unlike the joint drug agreement, MLB's domestic violence policy doesn't include postseason bans for suspended players. The more Osuna did to help deliver their second straight World Series championship, the more the controversy of his acquisition figured to blow over.Well, go figure that his biggest game as an Astro to date resulted in a critical ALCS loss. As MLB.com's Brian McTaggart noted, history is now firmly on the Red Sox's side after Osuna's meltdown:Brian McTaggart brianmctaggartRed Sox beat the Astros, 8-2 Kenta Maeda Jersey , to take a 2-1 series lead. In the history of best-of-seven series with the 2-3-2 format, teams that win Game 3 on the road to grab a 2-1 advantage have gone on to take the series 27 of 36 times (75 percent).After opening with a 7-2 thud at Fenway Park in Game 1, the Red Sox have certainly looked more like a 108-game winner in claiming Games 2 and 3.Their hitters have worked tough at-bats against Gerrit Cole, Dallas Keuchel and an array of Houston relievers. Chris Sale, David Price and Nathan Eovaldi bent but didn't break at the start of games. And after a rough showing in Game 1, Boston's bullpen has allowed one run on three hits in 7.1 innings over the last two.Of course, it would be foolish to write the Astros off entirely. They were 103-game winners in their own right in the regular season, and one can still look at them and see a team that matches up well with Boston. The Astros can come back on the Red Sox by outpitching, outhitting or outfielding them. Osuna putting Game 3 behind him and getting back to his dominant ways could indeed be part of the equation.For now, though, they're reeling from an ugly loss that's the fault of a player whose very presence on the team is outrageous to many. Darn it if something about that doesn't feel right.Stats courtesy of Baseball Reference.

nach oben springen

Social Bookmarking:

Besucher insgesamt: Nordsee Urlaub

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Julian
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2144 Themen und 5759 Beiträge.